BCBS PPO revisions?

Magyargal
on 1/20/09 5:54 am
My statement was correst.. Our BC/BS FEB does not have any cover for the DS..as I stated..

Maybe BC/BS PPO ?? covers it....We don't have that insurance...BUT OURS DOES NOT COVER DS PERIOD!  Several people "6" have appealed it through my husbands work, several times each.. Everytime it was denied. One lady even hired a Lawyer... Alizka

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

SassySharon
on 1/20/09 2:37 am - Orlando, FL
I had LB surgery on May of 2007, need a revision my band slipped. I rec'd my RNY on July 7, 2008 I also have BC/BS........
Magyargal
on 1/20/09 5:59 am
OUR BC/BS FEB covers revision, but to Band or to RNY, ERNY and such....Ours will not cover DS, or sleeve... Alizka

1st goal to be under 200. Done!  2nd goal to be just obese. Third goal is to be under 170 by Thanksgiving 2009. I Pray I can make it. I know the Lord will help me through this.  

Anneff36
on 1/21/09 3:23 pm - cedar park, TX
 I have BCBC PPO and my band slipped also. They are paying for a RNY but would not pay for a sleeve. 

Can't Weight TooLose
on 1/22/09 4:23 am
I have BCBS PPO they will cover for DS if your BMI is 50+...that's what a rep told me when I was inquiring about VSG. They said that the only way the VSG will be covered if it is being done as part of the DS in the 2 part surgery..... otherwise VSG to them is investigational. I will be appealing on the "investigational" part. But the insurance rep at the Surgeons office said that BCBS PPO approves very quickly and is one of the fastest to approve. So if I wanted to go for RNY I would not have any problems. HTH
Highest weight- 262lbs
Lap band- Aug 2006 - 254lbs.
Lowest w/band 214lbs. .
Gained up to 271 due to the band
Got DS revision April 2010!! Current 145lbs
At 5'8 my goal was 160lbs but I surpassed that with the DS!!!!!!

Most Active